When a medical assistant is certified by MedCA, s/he must agree to abide by the following code of ethics:
- Be dedicated to their profession and participate actively in continuing education to enhance their knowledge.
- Practice good judgment and be honest in all professional interactions.
- Respect the rights of patients as well as abide by HIPAA laws.
- Practice empathy toward patients at all times.
- Respect state mandates as they apply to medical assistants.
- Report wrongdoings to appropriate personnel.
MedCA reserves the right to suspend or revoke a medical assistant’s certification for the following reasons:
- Inappropriate behavior toward a patient.
- Cheating of any kind on a MedCA examination.
- Any violation of state or federal law.